It was late year 2011 around February – March Facebook added the ability to convert your Personal Profile Page to a business page. The business pages use to be called “Fan Pages.” Although Facebook has officially changed the name, many of us still refer to them as Fan Pages.
This is a great opportunity to those who have hit the Facebook 5000 Friend Limit and want to exceed the total number of friends. To some internet marketers who aim to reach a large heterogeneous number of audiences may find it difficult using Facebook profile page and would need to convert their profile to a page now in order to reach their targeted audiences.
Facebook pages offer more robust features for organizations, businesses, brands and public figures, maybe, you have been friends with one or more Public figures like Artistes or Speakers only to realize after sometime that this personal profiles whom you once sent Friend Requests or otherwise have suddenly changed into a Facebook page with thousands of Fans, well, this is exactly what this post will be discussing.
How To Convert Your Facebook Personal Profile To Fan Page
To convert click here and have in mind that.
1. Your profile url will be the same url for your new page.
2. All of your profile pictures will be transferred to the new business page.
3. All of your content will NOT be transferred to the new business page. Information such as photo albums, profile information will not be transferred.
4. All of your friends on the personal page will automatically become “likers” on the new business page.
5. The account associated with your old personal profile will be converted to a business account.
6. The business account will be the sole admin of your new page until you add another admin.
And before you start converting you should Backup your Facebook detail by download your details and Appoint a new group admin to any groups you manage. The account you’re converting will lose these admin rights during the conversion process.
Bellow are your Personal Information to be Downloaded During the Back-Up Process
Personal profile information (groups, information, interests, contacts etc.)
Photos & videos
Content that your friends have uploaded
Messages sent and received
Events that you have RSVPd for
Comments you have received and made on
walls, photos etc.
Incase you accidentally convert your profile to a fan page, you can render a reversal process by contacting the Facebook team here
Please read carefully before converting your profile to a fan page because you’ll loose a lot if care is not taken.
Don’t left your friends behind. Share with friends.
Incoming search terms:
- exceed 5000 friends convert to page (1)
- if i exceeds 5000 friends on facebook (1)