Few days ago MobilePress roll out a new update of version 1.2.1 for their plugin which some WordPress users has updated theirs without knowing it will completely overwrite their current theme with the new version as i have been seen some lamenting it really suck, unfortunately i am also a victim of that, i have to re-customize the new version with some looks i give the previous update.
Well, to say the fact, the new version comes with lots of features, i mean lots of expected features. But for some who find it difficult to design might find it so disgusting but for a web developer and web designer, he/she wouldn’t mind the update at all. As you can see the current design on this blog was different from the previous design you’d been seeing here, this is after the update. Read On……….
Now lets go to the real business why we are here. Read further…
How To Update MobilePress Without Loosing Your Designs
Before updating the MobilePress, follow the steps bellow to keep your theme intact.
1. Login to your Control Panel
2. Access your file manager and locate your WordPress directory then access this directory.
3. Now left click on the default folder and click compress, then compress it to .zip e.g default.zip and download the compressed file.
Note: Before you compress, rename the folder to another name, e.g mytheme, then compress.
4. Delete the compressed file i.e default.zip and go and update MobilePress at your WordPress Dashboard.
5. Login back to your file manager and access the MobilePress Directory. I.e
Note: The directory above is different from the earlier mentioned one. So notice. This happen after the update.
6. Upload the downloaded zipped file to the aboved directory and extract.
7. Now login to your WordPress Dashboard and Click on MobilePress > Themes at the left hand side bar.
8. There you’ll see the theme you uploaded. Then click on Activate.
9. That’s all and your blog design will be as before.
Alternatively if that doesn’t work out try the following steps.
Before you perform any of the above steps, download your mobilepress directory inside this root.
locate mobilepress, compress and download it.
So incase you perform the above tricks and it doesn’t works for you.
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard
2. Deactivate mobilepress and delete the plugin
3. login to your hosting cpanel and access this root as well
4. Upload the mobilepress compressed file you downloaded earlier and activate in your wordpress dashboard.
5. That should revert you back.
I’m pretty sure this is really helpfull to you.
Don’t forget your comments are welcomed and well appreciated, please leave a comment bellow and share this on social networks.
Incoming search terms:
- how to mobilepress wp (1)
- mobilepress system (1)
- vicotex wordpress (1)
- wp-content/plugins/mobilepress/themes (1)